Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Windowpane Wool | Simplicity 1283

Hello, Friends! Back at it again! This time with a more seasonally appropriate piece lol


This is OOP Simplicity 1283 designed by Mimi G and I cut the size 14.


This fabric is red windowpane wool from the KHolmes Collection (blog coming soon about it). I was having a dilemma on whether or not to pre-wash it in the washing machine (in order to pre-shrink) so I took to Instagram to ask for opinions. Auntie Carolyn told me to spray it with water and steam the hell out of it lol So that's what I did.


Because of the lack of fabric, I left off both the ties and the pockets.


If you're new around here, I try to slow down and match any kind of stripes or plaids I come across. I matched the windowpane all the way around the body of this jacket. As for the collar, it matches up pretty well with the body but that was a lucky coincidence!




In an effort to be even prouder of this make, I decided to do hong kong finishes on the inside. I love how clean and professional it looks and I feel like it will last longer as a result of the effort. I also hand-sewed the hem so there wouldn't be any stitches visible on the outside of the jacket.


This jacket is definitely one of my favorite makes. It can be dressed up or down and I get a lot of compliments on it. People almost don't believe me when I tell them that I made it!


What say you?? Have you made this pattern yet? How do you pre-treat wool if you work with it??


Be back soon!

xoxo,
Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :-D
I read each one and I do my best to respond to each of them personally :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...