Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Classy Plaid | Butterick 6627

Hello, friends! I'm back at it again! The weather is still back and forth so I don't feel out of place blogging this new piece now lol

This beautiful dress is Butterick 6627, View A. I cut the size 14.


I got the fabric on my trip to Italy last year. This was purchased in Tessuti e Scampoli in Milan. It's a knit and it feels like an extremely LIGHTWEIGHT scuba. Definitely giving Burberry vibes and I'm not mad at it. lol


It honestly feels luxurious. Expensive, even. But it actually did not cost me that much. All of the fabric I got from Italy looks and feels very high quality and I shouldn't be surprised. Milan is the fashion capital of the world, right?


I was looking for a pattern that would complement the fabric and not make it too hard to match the plaids. My original plan was Butterick 6453, but after looking at the line drawing and seeing the princess seams, I opted out of that one.


I didn't even know I had this pattern in my stash, but I instantly fell in LOVE with the neckline when I saw it and it only had darts. The pattern is meant for wovens but I knew that it would be fine in the knit and I wouldn't have to worry too much about fitting.


I made my usual adjustments: a 1" swayback adjustment and added 2 inches to the length. I also tapered the skirt in 2 inches on each side and left the hem unhemmed.


As you can see, I took much care to match all of the horizontal stripes around the entire dress. And I matched the vertical ones wherever I could (if the darts allowed). 


I'm really happy with the way this dress turned out! I didn't make it for any reason other than I wanted to make something out of this fabric lol. But when a fancy event comes up, I'll have something to wear for the occasion!


What do you think about this dress?? Let me know down below!

Be back soon!

xoxo,
Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :-D
I read each one and I do my best to respond to each of them personally :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...