Thursday, July 11, 2013

23 with 1 day experience

Yesterday I turned 23 years old!
*bows*

I was looking at facebook about a week or so ago and a friend of mine, Camesha, had a very interesting status.
She was talking about how someone had asked her what she wanted for her birthday (which is ACTUALLY the same day as mine! #twinsies!) and her reply was:
"To see it."

When I read that, it wrecked my perspective on life so hard.

Remember when I said that my church is on a campaign for Life, Love, and Liberty?
We still are.
And at 23 years of age, I am going to share with you what I've learned about 
LIFE.


Genesis 2:7 KJV

And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Life = power
Lifeforce
Lifevitality
Lifequick
Life = merry

Your SOUL is
intellect
emotion
will
passion
purpose
self-control

God made us to be this powerful, vital, force with intellect and emotion and passion carrying out will and purpose.



Luke 12:22-24 ESV

22 And he said to his disciples, "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat, nor about your body, what you will put on. 23 For life is more than food, and the body more than clothing. 24 Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds!"
*the red indicates Jesus talking

Life is NOT
Vanity
A gym schedule you can't miss
Material things
Turning up every weekend
Instagram & Twitter
seriously.. twitter and instagram are NOT real life.
Knowing the newest and hottest music

We spend so much of our time on things that DO NOT MATTER that we are letting life speed right past us before we can try to catch up!


John 17:3 ESV

And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.
*the red indicates Jesus talking


Life is knowing the Father.
#point.blank

God is the giver of life (Genesis 2:7)
Life flows out of God (Acts 17:25)
and He is the Keeper AND the Sustainer of Life (Psalm 3:5)

And Jesus came that we might HAVE life AND that we may have it abundantly. (John 10:10)

Unfortunately, until we recognize and accept that this life is not ours to just do what we please with it, we are going to continue to waste the power that has been given to us.

Oh but when we know who we are! And we know who God is!
we can take advantage of everything that He has ALREADY given to us! (2 Peter 1:3)
(you'll get that when you log off ;-) )


So I encourage you (and myself) to really get to know God.
Try Him.
I promise you won't regret it :-)



See you in the next post!
share and stuff! *pops gum*

23!

xoxo, Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :-D
I read each one and I do my best to respond to each of them personally :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...