Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Carousel Blouse | McCall's 7957


Hello friends! As you can see, I'm still at the needle! This blouse has been a WIP for a couple of YEARS and all I had to finish were the SLEEVES.


This is McCall's 7957 , View B  in a size 12. This pattern is OOP but you can get it on Pattern Review or Etsy. I've been talking about making more 'cute tops' for my wardrobe for YEARS.  I knew I wanted to make this top because I have a 'thing' for twists ;-) (proof, proof, proof).


This fabric is from LA Finch Fabrics. I've used it before for a dress (here) and it was so dreamy! This fabric and both colorways are no longer available but they have an amazing selection of rayons that would easily work. The fabric is a rayon woven that is SO soft and delicate. Just like for the dress, I pinked the seams instead of serging them, like I normally would because this fabric is so fragile.


Instead of buying ribbon for the wrist ties, I decided to make ties from the same fabric. Made more sense to me. I cut a strip of fabric the same length of the yardage of the ribbon, 2 inches wide. Then I serged the edges and folded in the edges twice to come out with a thin strap/tie.


To make the buttonholes on the sleeves for the tie, I had to use Solvy Fabric Stabilizer because of the lightness of the fabric. It worked perfectly.


There isn't too much to say about this top other than I love it and that it is a great transitional piece because is super light but gives the coverage of long sleeves at the same time.


Let me know what you think in the comments! Is this top too busy for you? What would be the perfect occassion to wear this too?


Talk to you soon!

xoxo,
Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :-D
I read each one and I do my best to respond to each of them personally :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...