Thursday, April 14, 2016

April Showers... but I have FLOWERS!




Happy Thursday folks! A number of weeks ago, I was trying to help my friend out with a hair photoshoot he was doing and he needed some pics that would stand out in some way. So I thought, what a better way to make natural hair more interesting than to add some bold accessory?? I got together with a friend of mine to make some flower crowns and they came out better than I could have imagined.

I thought I'd share a little about how we made them and then show you all a couple of pics from the shoot.

We went to Michael's and picked up a number of different bouquets. I knew what kinds of base colors I wanted on a couple of them but the more arrangements I saw, the more ideas popped into my head. So yea, we picked up some bouquets, went around to the fabric section and picked up a few packs of headbands and some felt as well.





The other tools I needed (and had at home) were some wire cutters, scissors and a glue gun.



We used the wire cutters to cut the flowers and buds off of their plastic stems.


Once all of the flowers were removed from their stems, we started lining up the flowers and making different patterns with different colors.





After we had decided what flowers were going where, we would hold the flowers agains the headband and glue the back of it. The headbands we picked up were braided so you could stick a small part of the flower through the headband. After adding the glue (and before letting it cool) we added small squares of felt behind the flower so that it was being glued to something that would really hold onto it. Then we would make sure that the felt was also glued to the headband at it's edges and wouldn't stick out on the right side.


We only had planned to make 3 but we had so much fun, we ended up making SEVEN! lol 5 for me and 2 for her. And I STILL have flowers left over.





These were super easy to make and are perfect for spring and summer! I were mine to work and church as well but that's just me LOL. Anyway, I'll leave you with some of the pics that were taken and the idea that you NEED a flower crown (or two) in your life ;-)





xoxo, Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :-D
I read each one and I do my best to respond to each of them personally :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...