Tuesday, March 11, 2014

March Madness!

So I've definitely got the sewing fever.

I've been exploring the sewing interwebs trying to find all types of sew-a-longs that I can be a part of and now I know why they say "be careful what you wish for" lol

So before I get all lost in the sauce, I'm posting all of challenges and sew-a-longs that I'm rolling with for March... ya know, for countability and what not.

And yea, I know it's almost the middle of March but I was out of the country for the first 9 days so i'm allowed to be late right?..right lol




The "Make It, Mix It, Rock It" March Sew-a-Long
Last month was McCall's 6839. This month is McCall's 6884
I plan on making View A with the sleeves from View B
I've already chosen my fabric but I'm not going to show you
;-)


The Mad Men Dress Challenge III
Julia Bobbin - Mad Men Challenge III
I randomly came across this challenge from a google search lol
It was started by Julia of Julia Bobbin  and it's the third time around.
I've actually never SEEN Mad Men, but I don't think that matters lol
While I was looking through inspo pics, I was also going through my stash of patterns to see if I had anything similar to anything that I saw.
The inspiration pic I've decided to use is this one:
I believe this is Peggy? lol
I know exactly what colors I want to use and what not, but I have to find the fabric.
When I finish it, I'll put all the pattern infos and stuffs in that blog post.
For now, I'll keep it a secret :-)


TMS Miss Bossy Patterns 
The Monthly Stitch Collective hosts a sew-a-long every month.
This months challenge is:
We have to choose 3 patterns that we haven't made yet with some fabric to go along with each one and let the public vote boss us around on which pattern to make.
I will be posting my 3 options soon so that everyone can vote.
Keep a lookout!


Sexy Sew Along 2014
I joined this challenge for some fun.
The reason behind it came from THIS post.
The point of this challenge it to push the envelope and create something that you feel sexy in.
I'm pretty modest so this will be interesting but I already know what I want to do and I know I'll learn A LOT in the process.
Here is a little sneak pic of what I have in mind... but it won't be what you think lol



Baby Shower Gifts
This is not really a challenge.
I am attending a baby shower and I wanted to try my hand at making some things.
I feel like it's more special that way :-)
I've found some really good patterns and tutorials so I'm excited to see how everything will turn out!


Do you see the Madness?!
5 projects in 3 weeks!

"How am I going to do that?!", you ask?
Probably prayer lol
Wish me luck!

xoxo, Tasha
Me, my cousins, and friend going out for Carnaval in Panama

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a lot! (loving your Mad Men choice by the way). Be gentle with your machine (mine always knows and breaks when I have sewing deadlines) and may the sewing gods smile kindly on you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :-D
I read each one and I do my best to respond to each of them personally :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...