Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Abstract Floral One-Shoulder | McCall's 7955

Friends! I'm back! Annnndddd with another top! LOL, It's good though because I'm definitely filling in my wardrobe holes :-D

A few weeks ago I had an urge to go dancing but I was going through my closet and wasn't finding anything that I was going to feel good in. So I went to both my pattern and fabric stashes and came up with something to whip up before it was time to head out.

This is McCall's 7955, View A in Size Medium.



I got the fabric from Auntie Carolyn! It was a remnant left from whatever she had used it for and it was JUST enough for me to eek this out. I actually had to do some creative cutting.


It's a knit that I'm almost sure is from Fabric Mart. The colors are amazingly vibrant and I definitely stood out!


What I love about this pattern is that it's 1 big piece for the front and the back! You basically just sew the seams and then add the cord for the ruching at the side seam. I sewed it up in about an hour, and I'm a slow sewer.


I didn't have any cord that I wanted to use in my stash, so I took the top with me, went to the JoAnn's a bought some cord and then got dressed at my mom's house to go to the hand-dancing spot lol


In summary, I love this top! It's so easy to wear and I got a lot of compliments. And in my head, I can think of a number of different ways to style it with things I already have in my closet.


If you want to catch me dancing around in it, you can check out this post on Instagram! And you can check out the #thetelltaledances hashtag to see me enjoying my other favorite hobby <3

Let me know what you think! I have been sewing, but I'm looking for someone to take my pics, so stay tuned!


See you soon!
xoxo,
Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :-D
I read each one and I do my best to respond to each of them personally :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...