Tuesday, August 30, 2022

A Neutral Workhorse | True Bias Zoey Dress

Hello Friends! I've really been ENJOYING this summer and the cute things I've been able to make and wear to look my best while doing so! I've been wanting easy pieces that I can just throw on and that have the possibility for multiple options of styling.

Enter this True Bias Zoey Tank/Dress. I cut View C in size 12.

The fabric I used for this dress was purchased from Fabric Mart Fabrics back in 2016. It was labeled "Antique Driftwood Poly/Lycra Ribbed Jersey Knit". This knit has a little bit of shine to it that gives it some interest and actually makes it look and feel a little luxe.

This dress is actually a REALLY fast sew. It was even faster for me because I decided to cut the front piece on the fold instead of in 2 pieces. I figured it would be fine and by bust would give it enough shaping LOL. I definitely like it better with no center front seam.

When it came to sewing the shoulder straps/bindings on, I messed up because I didn't read the full instructions before sewing up the dress. The straps are supposed to be sewn on before sewing up the side seams. So I had to do my own little makeshift finishes under the armpits, but it actually all came together fine. - Please read all the instructions before you start sewing ANY pattern. Don't be like me lol

 

I'm not 100% please with the way the front neck binding and shoulder straps came together. As you can see, things stick out a little, and that is a technique I'm going to have to practice and ensure I am marking the pieces correctly.


I added 1 or 2 inches to the hem of the dress (I can't remember how much now), because the dress was made for a 5'7 model and I wanted to make sure the dress was full midi length on me- I'm 5'9.5".

I left the bottom of the dress unhemmed and I am happy I did that. I like how it just looks effortless at the bottom. Plus I've already washed this dress and worn it again and there hasn't been any fraying at the bottom at all! WIN!

I am really enjoying the simplicity of this dress and I can only imagine all of the different ways I can style it. The first time I wore it, I had on a colorful headwrap and an oversized orange bag. This could be dressed up or down, depending on the accessories so I am excited for this to be a closet staple and workhorse.

I think if I make this dress again, I will lower the neckline a little. It's higher than I wanted/expected for this dress, but I don't hate it. 

Have you tried this pattern yet? I know I'm late to the game on it, but if you have, do you have any tips about connecting the bindings together? Let me know in the comments!

See you soon!

xoxo,

Tasha


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :-D
I read each one and I do my best to respond to each of them personally :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...