Sunday, June 16, 2019

7 months later, but I'm still sewing! | McCall's 7812

Hello Sewing Blog Community!

It has been quite quiet over on this corner of the interwebs and it's about time for me to break the silence!

I'm not going to go TOO deep into why I've been gone for SO long, but one of the reasons is that...

I bought a house!!

And between packing up everything and settling into my new place, the blog had slipped by the wayside. But if you don't trust me here and want to keep up with me in real time, you can just follow me on Instagram @thetelltaletasha

Now with that out of the way, let me show you something I made since I've been gone!


This is McCall's 7812. Such a cute top. I made it on a Tuesday night with plans to go Salsa dancing at the end of that week.

I cut a Medium and sewed the longer body of View A  with the bishop sleeves of  View B. The only alteration I made was to add 1.5 inches to the sleeve.


The fabric is from Fabric Mart circa 2016 with this description: "Sapphire Blue/White/Multi Poly/Elastane Diamond Kaleidoscope Tie-dye Print ITY Knit - Polo Ralph Lauren". So it's designer! lol


The fabric was super easy to cut and sew and I made this top mostly on my serger. 


I decided to forgo the ribbon. I felt it looked a little too bulky, so I found some navy polyester cord at JoAnn's and used that instead, and I think it works and looks great.


So that's all there is to this top! The fabric speaks for itself and I can wear it to work, to church, and I've already worn it out dancing. Just my cup of tea: VERSATILE!


Let me know what you think in the comments! Have you made this one already?? How do you feel about so many people moving away from blogs??

See you next week!

xoxo,
Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :-D
I read each one and I do my best to respond to each of them personally :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...