Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Crossover Seasons | Vogue 9111

On this ninth day of May in the year of our Lord, two thousand and seventeen, it is 60 degrees in Northern Virginia. SIXTY degrees!

I have this make to share that I made 3 months ago when it was actually winter and I am resenting the fact that it is STILL seasonally appropriate in the month of MAY. I guess if I look at the positive side of things, I have more time to wear it before it's swimsuit season lol.

Anyway, to the point of this post! I made a sweater! Vogue 9111 to be exact. I loved the look of the pattern illustrations and I remembered my mom had a really cute striped sweater that looked exactly like the one on the envelope. I cut View B in a size 12 as to try to replicate my mom's.


I got this fabric when I got the chance to hang out with LeJanaro in Atlanta last year. It was a pick up from Hancock's in Atlanta at one of their closing sales. It is definitely some type of sweater knit but  it was rolled up in a basket, unlabeled. My original idea for the fabric was pair of warm joggers, but then I thought about how little use I would get out of them and decided on a sweater instead.

Funny thing: while I was at the Atlanta airport a few weeks ago, my mom and I were on the airport tram and I saw a girl wearing a dress out of this same fabric! I almost asked her if she made it but.. i'm actually kind of shy in real life lol But the dress was cute!


The only change I made to the pattern was to add a center back seam so that I could do a 1in swayback adjustment. I surprisingly didn't have to add any length to the sleeves. They are perfect.

I really love the slouchiness of this sweater! It's so cozy and the slight batwing sleeve gives it some character. I could have tacked down the wrap front but I want to let the top move and drape freely. I do have to be cognizant of it throughout the day, though, because it wraps pretty low on the bust (see first picture).

It is quite a fast make (took me only one evening) and I made it all on my serger. Except the hems of course.

I say give it a go! I will probably make 1 or 2 more of these on the other side of summer (if it ever comes). If you find some good patterned fabric, I think it could look really dressed up as well.

What do you think? Also, what is the weather like where you live right now??!?!? Global Warming, amirite?!

xoxo,
Tasha

Photo credit : Tina Leu Fotos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :-D
I read each one and I do my best to respond to each of them personally :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...