Monday, November 25, 2013

Winter 2013 Regimen

Hello Beautiful People :-)
 
So since all I see around the blogosphere (well the natural hair one, anyway) is how everyone is taking care of their hair this winter, I decided I'd go ahead and add my two cents as well.
 
In the winter, and any other time of the year actually lol, I don't much like to fuss with my hair.
Whatever will make my hair easiest to take care of over long periods of time is usually what I roll with.

Twists and flat-twisted updos are what I went with this time around.
They take a WHILE to do, but in the end I have a style that will last me at LEAST 4 or 5 weeks.
 
 
Flat-twist updo:
This style took me like about 5 hours to do (over the course of 2 days). They usually never take me that long, but I think that wash&gos made me pretty lazy and I was just being slow... and lazy lol
 
 
I wore it two weeks with the twists on the top twisted, and two weeks with the twists on the top undone.
I usually keep them pinned up majority of the time, but I didn't take any pictures with it pinned.


I was able to keep it up for a month, then I took it down, wore my hair in a bun for a couple of days until my next style....
 
 
Mini-twists:
This style took me about 19 hours to do (over the course of 3 days). It was a VERY tedious and boring task, but I managed to catch up on Scandal, watch an entire season of Deception, Master Chef Junior, and some old Law & Order SVU.
 
 
Hair all swept to one side
 
My faux French roll with some twists left out in the front
 
 
I plan on keeping my mini-twists for 4 more weeks.
It has already been 2 weeks.
(So that's 6 weeks all together lol)

 
I love them because I get the swing and ease of doing styles that I would do with straight hair without actually having to straighten my hair.
My plan is to not use heat again until 2015.
(Last used December 2012)
 
I apply jojoba oil to my scalp every night to keep it from getting dry & flaky.
And every few nights, I add coconut oil to the length of my hair and my ends.
 
 
Wig:
I also have a wig that I will be wearing the last couple of weeks of the life of my mini-twists.
I'll add a picture once I wear it.
 
 
This will also give me a chance to get straight hair out of my system for a while. :-)
 
 
 
For me, the winter is all about protective styling
Maintaining moisture and the ends of my hair are already a task in the other seasons and I like to make it as easy as possible on myself once the winter shows up.
The winter is probably the best time to retain length for me because I keep my ends pretty protected.
 
 
 
In between styles, I:
Deep Condition
Co-wash
Immediately put in another protective style.
 
If  you have any questions please leave it in the comments section :-)
 
 
Any suggestions on what I should do next?
 
What are you doing to your hair this winter?
 
Thanks for reading!
 
See you in the next post!
comment and stuff! ;-)
 
xoxo, Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :-D
I read each one and I do my best to respond to each of them personally :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...