Monday, January 1, 2018

Fresh Start | From 2017 to 2018

Another year has flown by and I feel like I'm still trying to keep up lol

2017 was quite the year. I took some amazing trips, made some solid garments, lost loved ones, welcomed new family additions, met some awesome new people and reconnected with friends from the past. It was a whirlwind of adventure and I'm grateful for every moment and memory that I've walked out with.

Starting with my top sewing hits:

poncho \ off the shoulder \ anorak
romper \ polleras \ cold shoulder
plaid wrap \ kielo \ multicolor wrap


So far I have used my Kelly Anorak the most, then it would be between the houndstooth poncho and the off-the-shouder aztec top! The dresses I haven't really gotten a chance to wear again because I made them right when it was getting cold here in Virginia. I don't even look at those dresses when I look for what to wear in the morning right now lol I'll have to wait for Spring time to wear them again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My sewing misses:


The only real MISS that I had this year was my Easter dress. I didn't do the FBA that I know I should have done, so the fit of the bodice is too uncomfortable to wear. I will be passing it on to someone with less bust than me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My biggest highlight this year was being able to travel so much. I went to 8 different countries and took a couple of domestic trips. It is really a blessing being able to see the different things that the world has to offer!

Guam \ China \ Mexico
Germany \ Netherlands \ Belgium
Jamaica \ Panama (x2)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made a 30before30 list in 2017 as well but only crossed ONE thing off of the list lol smh I'm actually going to change some of the things on there soon. Keep watching.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now it's time to review my goals for 2017:
  • Make that Closet Gallery
    • Nope. And I'm ashamed because this is like 3 yrs in a row.
  • Remnant De-stash
    • a smidge! Some of it was just for linings, but that counts too! (here, here, here, and here)
  • Get over fear of making pants
    • Did not do, but I have no choice now. 
  • More selfless sewing
  • Make a tailored coat
    • Nope... pattern has been cut for 2 yrs too smh
  • Sew chiffons and silks
    • Only once but that's better than nothing.
  • Fabric Buying ban (unless for things like linings, etc.)
    • Unfortunately I caved like crazy in the last quarter of the year. I did well throughout the year though. Have to be strong and not open those FabricMart emails.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2018 Sewing Goals:
  • Make the Closet Gallery for the blog
  • Make pants
  • Make the Claire Coat
  • Fabric Buying Ban (except when I travel and for things like linings)
  • Make more outfits instead of stand-alone pieces.
  • Meet more sewing bloggers
Stayed tuned, because I have some exciting things planned for this year! I want to thank everyone who has been supporting me thus far, reading and leaving comments. It means so much to me that you are taking the time to listen to what I have to say!

Be back when I finish some UFOs!

xoxo, Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :-D
I read each one and I do my best to respond to each of them personally :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...