Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Textured Lilac | Named Kielo Wrap Dress

Hello lovely people! I'm back with a dress that I can't wear right now. I have made another Named Kielo! I finished this in September and didn't even wear it out until mid October when it was already getting a bit chilly. NOW, I can't even look at it until probably next spring. (smh)


Seems like I did the same thing the last time I made a kielo and it had to sit in the closet for months. I cut the same size as before, a 42, but instead of making the maxi length, I cut it right at the knee. That's the length I prefer for most of the dresses I wear. And I didn't really have a choice because I only had 2.5 yards of this fabric lol


This fabric is from Fabric Mart. I bought it in 2014 (smh lol). It is a "Lilac Puckered Rayon/Poly Blend Suiting". I love the texture of this fabric but it is a bit thin so it shows every lump and bump and wrinkle. It's kind of spongey as well, like seersucker. It's pretty interesting.


The only other adjustment I made was to take in the armhole 1.5". I just checked my first post and it seems I took it in 2" on that one.


To finish, I serged all of the raw hems, folded them under once, and topstitched. This was a super easy project and I'm annoyed it took me so long to use this fabric.


This time, I took advantage of the option of wrapping the dress to the back. I LOVE the sleekness it gives the dress at the front! The back is a little messy lol but I will just have to practice at wrapping it so that it doesn't look like a pile of fabric on my behind lol



I'm finding it satisfying to to pair patterns with fabrics that use the entirety of the fabric for the project. It makes my stash go down quicker, keeps me from attempting to hoard scraps, and it challenges my creativity. Hopefully I can stay on this path!


What do you all think about this one? This pattern may become a TNT for me. It's so quick and can look so different with different fabrics!

See you soon!
xoxo,
Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :-D
I read each one and I do my best to respond to each of them personally :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...