Monday, November 20, 2017

Fall Plaids | McCall's 6713

Heyyyy! I hope ya'll have been appreciating my weekly consistency lol 
Today I'm back at you with a pattern that I've had in my stash for YEARS. So many years, in fact, that the pattern is now out-of-print lol. I have to admit, I'm a bit of a pattern hoarder. I probably have more patterns than I can sew really. Better late than never, right? This is McCall's 6713, faux wrap dress.



I made View D in a size 12. Sidenote: there weren't ANY finished garment measurements to be found on this pattern. Not on the envelope, pattern tissue, or the instructions. I just cut my normal size in McCall's and crossed my fingers.


For modifications, I did my 1" swayback adjustment and added 3 inches to the skirt. I should have added my normal 1.5" to the sleeves as well but I don't think it looks bad.


The fabric is from Fabric Mart by way of my sewing auntie, Carolyn. This is one of the fabrics she let me escape with when I visited her sewing cave back in January. It's a plaid ITY knit. I also lined the bodice with the same fabric. That made it pretty confusing for me lol I felt like I had stars in my eyes trying to figure out what was bodice and what was lining lol. I don't feel like the instructions helped much either, but in the end, I figured it out.


I think this is a great design and it was surprisingly very quick. I made this dress in about 5.5 hours, and I'm a pretty slow sewer. I used my serger for as many parts as I could, so that definitely sped up the process.



To hem the sleeves and the skirt I serged the raw edge, folded over, then sewed two separate lines of straight stitching over the serging; basically mocking a coverstitch hem. It still maintains the same stretch and I didn't have to pull my coverstitch out the box; WIN-WIN!



I feel like I'm channeling my inner Erica Bunker with these poses LOL This dress makes me feel really good!


What do you think?? Have you made this pattern, or could it possibly be sitting in your stash?? I'm actually planning on making it again for thanksgiving!

See you back here again soon!

xoxo,
Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :-D
I read each one and I do my best to respond to each of them personally :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...