Happy New Year, everyone! It seems like this holiday season snuck up on us and is gone just like that! It's like I was on the phone with 2014 and 2015 walked in the door and I never finished my original conversation lol. As I reflect on 2014, I can truly say that I don't have any regrets. I learned soooo much about sewing and met so many wonderful people as a result of this hobby as well. I started sewing from patterns this year and started getting really serious about learning proper techniques. As a result, my stash of notions and tools has grown TREMENDOUSLY. My blog turned 1 in 2014 and I got to host my first giveaway! I traveled internationally a bit (Panama, DR, PR) and hosted a couple of meetups (1, 2)!
I made 28 items this year! I'm even amazed at that because it doesn't feel like I did lool
This year, I threw my hat into a few sew-alongs and joined in on social media fun! As a result, I found and have been found by so many talented people in the sewing community!
|MadMenChallenge3 // TwoPiece Setacular // SewSexySewalong // Oonapalooza|
|Project Sewn: Floral Frenzy & Leading Ladies // SummerStashBust14 // #bpsewvember on instagram|
My most-worn make from this year has to be my Bossy Pants and my Floral Pants! I was so frustrated while making both of them, and they are soooo far from perfect, but I just keep finding reasons to pull them out. I need to make some more pants so that I don't wear them out!
My most-viewed garment, according to Blogger, is my Leopard Vogue 1395. I credit that to sewaholic.net and McCall's FB for featuring me :-) It is definitely one of my "hits" from the past year and it's such an easy throw on. I'll definitely be making more this summer!
I made some things in dedication to the memories of others...
|Let Me See Your Heart // The Color Purple|
I also had a few "misses" this year. I call them misses because I've either given them away already or I just know that I'm not going to wear them anymore. sn: even though I LOVE my Vogue1247, I made it the way I did for a specific occasion and won't be wearing it again.
|SexySewAlong // Golden Princess // July Fourth // Romping|
My FAVORITE make from 2014 is the last one I made for the year lol My Christmas Upcyclye dress! I had a short deadline but I'm so glad that I was able to make something so beautiful from it :-D
I also found some great women and groups that inspire me on the DAILY and encourage to keep doing what I love!
|The Monthly Stitch // Sewcialists // Needles&Fashion // StitchOnceRipTwice // PrettyGirlsSew|
- I'm going to continue to narrow down my focus to things I will actually wear.
- It is clear that I need to make more pants because I'm always grabbing for some.
- I'd also like to make more easy dresses like my Leopard color block dress that I wasn't too fond of when I made it but I keep pulling it out to throw it on in a rush.
- I'm excited to learn how to use my vintage Singer
- Finish setting up my sewing space and share it with the blog
- I want to do more upcycling which was the original goal of my blog
- I will continue to join sew-alongs that go along with my wearable clothes focus
- More travel! Domestic AND International
- Never-ending journey to transforming into who God wants me to be
- More meetups
- Learn more about photography
- Make a "My Closet" tab for the blog so that people can easily track my makes
- Start working out again so that I can maintain my measurements and fit into the clothes I make lol
So I'm pretty happy with the direction that my blog is going in and I'm excited to meet more people and sew! I love you all for the support and encouragement and I can't wait to grow and see how you grow as well! :-D