So, I wasn't planning on doing this. But as I was going through old posts I decided that I had a REALLY good sewing year in 2015 and it'd be a shame to not take a second to appreciate the work and growth that I experienced.
This year I turned a quarter of a century, became a godmother, traveled a little internationally (Toronto, Panama), hosted another meetup and spent a lot of time just being happy.
This year I made 25 different pieces and I'm keeping 18 of them. I think that 72% is pretty good! My track record got pretty impeccable at the end of the year with the things I made off of my Fall Sewing Plans list. I sewed 8 out of 11 of the plans and I'm happy with and keeping all of them. :-)
I did a couple of collaborations this year. I was so honored to be asked to work with other bloggers.
|Shirtdress w/Michelle || Itch to Stitch Birthday|
I participated in Me-Made-May for the first time and was successful with my pledge!
I did some event sewing. My all-white bday party, a wedding, a Hip Hop dance showcase, a Natural Hair Show and a NYE party.
|Bday Party // Chambray Joggers // Kielo Wrap // Wedding Guest // NYE|
I did some travel sewing as well. My first swimsuit and a Kimono I made for Cali.
|Panama Swimsuit // Cali Kimono|
My most worn make of 2015 has to be my Black Gingers. Even though I made them in the last few months of the year, I wear them once or twice a week. I Love Them.
My most viewed item on the blog last year is my Vogue 1247 skirt. I couldn't even tell you where all the views came from but they were out of the roof.
|The most sewn Vogue skirt ever|
My favorite make from last year is the skirt I made to turn 25. It was just as dramatic as the occasion and every time I wear it, I feel so ..... upscale? classy? dressed up? Idk but it makes me feel lol
|300 months old skirt|
The misses I had are misses either because they don't fit "right" when I wear it or it's just too small. The Nettie bodysuit just didn't have any recovery so it's all bagged out unfortunately. I think I'm the most sad about losing that fabric.
|Floral Vogue // Jungle Gingers // Colorful Nettie // Ginger cutoffs // Jade skirt // Spotted Simplicity // NYE|
I'm going to go through my goals that I had set for 2015 and then I will make some new goals for 2015.
- I'm going to continue to narrow down my focus to things I will actually wear.
- I did a great job of this when I made my Fall Sewing Plans and I have worn most of those things multiple times already. Check!
- It is clear that I need to make more pants because I'm always grabbing for some.
- I made jeans this year, but those are the only pants I made unfortunately. 3 times though, so that counts for something right?
- I'd also like to make more easy dresses like my Leopard color block dress that I wasn't too fond of when I made it but I keep pulling it out to throw it on in a rush.
- Did not do. I made very unique and standout dresses.
- I'm excited to learn how to use my vintage Singer
- Check! Used it to make jeans and gave my Brother a break and sewed on it for a little while as my main machine
- Finish setting up my sewing space and share it with the blog
- Fail :-/
- I want to do more upcycling which was the original goal of my blog
- Fail lol
- I will continue to join sew-alongs that go along with my wearable clothes focus
- Definitely did and it helped me sew things I love.
- More travel! Domestic AND International
- Did. Went to Cali twice, NOLA, Orlando, Toronto, New York a few times, Atlanta, and Panama.
- Never-ending journey to transforming into who God wants me to be
- More meetups
- Not as many as I would like but did do 1
- Learn more about photography
- Check. And have been following closely with Gillian's Better Pictures Project which has helped tremendously.
- Make a "My Closet" tab for the blog so that people can easily track my makes
- Start working out again so that I can maintain my measurements and fit into the clothes I make lol
- I did do this and then I stopped working out in July. I have been able to maintain by not overeating and staying generally active.
I think I did a pretty good job achieving last year. Hopefully this year can be just as successful.
- Put reviews of all my makes on PatternReview and become active in the community
- Grow in Christ. Hopefully I will be sharing more on here like I did in my first year of blogging.
- Make Closet Gallery for Blog
- Learn how to use my CoverStitch machine
- Stop forcing sewing deadlines on myself. Code for less monthly group sewing and more taking my time and not rushing to get things done... or feeling guilty when I don't get things done. Not this year.
- Do refashions. At least the ones I already had planned and then move on.
- Sew more for others. And not in a "client" way but more in a gift-giving or a giving-to-someone-in-need way
- Remnant De-Stash: Sew through 3 bags of remnants before the year is over.
- Make Outerwear
- Make Pants for work. I've given a lot away and I'm running low on options
- Sew Chiffons and Silks
I think that is enough to try to focus on for one year lol Thank you to everyone that has been encouraging me thus far and I hope to continue seeing you this year :-)