Monday, July 1, 2019

First from Grandma's stash | Simplicity 8694

Hello, Friends! I'm back again! I've been on a roll with the cute tops. 

This week I'm coming to you with Simplicity 8694, View C.


I cut the 12 and didn't have to make any modifications.



The fabric is such a unique find. My aunt came to me at the end of last year with a bag of fabrics. She had just finished cleaning out my Grandmother's room after her passing and had found a small stash. She handed them to me and said: "This is your inheritance".

It's a cotton fabric, but the print really gives it a lot of interest, right?!


The only deviation I made from the instructions was not to interface the facings with interfacing. I used the same fabric to give a very light structure to the facings and I'm happy with how it turned it!


The construction was pretty straight forward and I was able to make this in 1.5 days (And that's saying a lot because I sew pretty slowly lol). I made sure that the facings were understitched well and everything lays really nice and flat.


That's all I have to say about this top! I got a lot of compliments when I wore it out. I really love how feminine it looks! I will probably try other views from this pattern, and maybe some flowier fabric as well.


What do you think?! Have you made this pattern? How did you style it??
Sound of in the comments!

See you next week!
xoxo,
Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :-D
I read each one and I do my best to respond to each of them personally :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...