Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Matching the Colosseum | McCall's 7686


Ciao Ciao!! Welcome back! Today I'm talking about another piece that I made for my Eurotrip! I am so grateful that I got a chance to go to Rome! And the first stop was the Colosseum!
This is McCall's 7686, View A, in a size 12.


The fabric I used is a Purple Telio Topaz Hatchi Knit from Fabric.com. The purple is sold out but there are still a number of colors available here. And if you want to see all of the colors I purchased, you can check out this blog post.


There isn't too much to say about this top aside from the fact that I HATE the way the sleeve on the off-the-shoulder side is attached to the overlay. It doesn't make much sense to me at all the reason why it's done that way and it ends up leaving a lot of weird space around the opening lol.


For hemming, I decided to leave all of the edges raw. I get nervous enough trying not to stretch out thinner knits so I just let the hems be. Plus, this top was a little short on me, so hemming it would have made it worse. Next time, I'll definitely need to add length to the body.


I also did a 1" swayback adjustment and made sure to add the inch back to the hem. I forgot to do that in a different garment and it shows a lot. Actually, I never used to do it until I saw the effect that it really has lol

I really like this top. It's flirty and sexy and I got a lot of compliments on it. The color pops nicely as well. And I like how the Colosseum and I are both showing a little something something LOL.


Have you made this top?! I know so many people have made the different views. What did you think about the construction if you've made this view??


xoxo,
Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :-D
I read each one and I do my best to respond to each of them personally :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...