Monday, June 30, 2014

My Birthday Wishlist



My birthday is in 10 days so I just wanted to put my desires into the atmosphere lol
After reading so many blogs and resources and learning more and more about sewing, there are some tools and resources that I believe would be great investments into my sewing!
And I'm putting it out there just in case some of you haven't seen these things and find that they may be beneficial :-)
This is my birthday wishlist!



Most Desired:
Professional Female Dress Form (SIZE 12!) from The Shop Company
This EXACT ONE. It is my exact measurements and it is specifically for dressmaking!
The other size 12s on the site have different measurements.
It would also help me from having to jump in and out of my clothes for fitting while I'm sewing lol
This is an investment but it will be SO worth it!
Matching stripes and plaids, sewing with silks and chiffons, knits and all! I need it! lol

 I have a small one that's 18'x24' but it's not big enough to cut yards of fabric on.
It would really help so that I could use my rotary cutter to cut out fiddly fabrics and what not. I don't have a cutting table so this is the next best thing.
It's kind of pricey but JoAnn's ALWAYS has a coupon


As I venture further into photography, this lens would be a good investment.
Also it would help for better blog photos as well!

Seams Unlikely by Nancy Zieman


Helpful Tools:
Japanese Sewing Needles from Susan Khalje
 I need some good hand-sewing needles because I've been using the same ONE since before college and it is definitel not as sharp as i need it to be.


Fiskar's SureCut Paper Trimmer from Staples
This would make me step up and cut up all of those Named patterns I have. I have been refusing to use scissors to cut ALL THAT PAPER.
Clover Double Tracing Wheel
Because I want to be a fancy pattern drafter and tracer lol

L-Ruler
Absolutely necessart for the blankets I make.
Everytime I try to miter my corners, it is another wakeup call that I'm not cutting them in a 90 degree angle. smh
Dritz Collapsible Sleeve Board
This will be especially helpful when I get a room to sew in... and an IRON <3
Ban-Rol Interfacing
No explanation needed :-)
 For when I start making dress shirts and what not!
AND jeans! I can't wait to start sewing with a hammer! lol
I'll take all sizes and all parts of the kit, please and thank you? lol

Patterns:
I'm only really crazy about 2 Indie Patterns because most of the other ones, I can find in a similar style (if not exact) to a Big 4 pattern. And the BIG 4 patterns fit me just fine.

 Nettie by Closet Case Files
I absolutely ADORE this pattern and all of the variations!
I have so many ideas in my head of things to make, shirts to add the bottom of the bodysuit too, built-in bras to add things to, just so many ideas!



Tania Culottes by Megan Nielson
I've been stanning for these since they came out! How perfect would the be with the Nettie?!
*swoon*



The Soma Swimsuit by Papercut Patterns
I just love it lol.

 It's OOP (out of print) but I reallly want it! It's still for sale on the McCall's website.. or maybe it can be found on eBay or something.
 And of COURSE, money and gift cards for fabric is ALWAYS on my wishlist lool
What is on YOUR sewing wishlist?
Anything I'm missing or maybe should reconsider getting??


xoxo, Tasha


10 comments:

  1. Pretty impressive list! Most of the tools are on my list too. I did get the 3' x 5' cutting mat last year and I'm working toward getting the snap kit this year. Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know you must LOVE the mat! it's so big!

      Delete
  2. whooo good luck with that b'day list Tasha - some special and essential piece on there..Q if you got all those books - woudl you have time to sew!! LOL xx - have a Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL good question Amanda!
      and thank you!

      Delete
  3. Lovely list. My birthday was yesterday and I have post coming up about all my goodies. Cannot wait to hear about yours...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Belated, Annie! I can't wait to read your post :-D

      Delete
  4. Happy belated birthday! I'm a cancer too! Woohoo!

    Uhmm, I have that McCalls pattern and will likely never make it. It's yours if you want it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Belated to you too! :-D

      And thank you so much! Lucky me, another awesome sew sister already sent it to me :-D

      Delete
    2. Awww, sweet! Glad you got your hands on it!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :-D
I read each one and I do my best to respond to each of them personally :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...