Sunday, July 21, 2013

Chicago Recap

I went to Chi- town for the first time this weekend!

And I took my new camera with me to document!
Still haven't gotten a chance to read the manual so I was definitely still working on the auto setting lol

I went to sing at a concert with the mass choir from my church.
But when we got there, we got sooo much more than we expected.




I think I'm just going to list lol
*these aren't ALL my pics


1. Tour of the Rainbow Push Coalition Building








the photos in b&w document the beginning of the RPC



I thought I should be a part of the group too lol









2. Visiting the Navy Pier











Off. The. Chain. 

















3. Visiting Harpo Studios







4. SINGING at the Rainbow Push Coalition Live Broadcast


Sound Check



Rev. Jesse Jackson



My church choir singing behind Jesse Jackson


5. Concert at Grace Central 




Snr. Pastor Darius Brooks and his family

Unfortunately I don't have any good pics from the actual concert, but it was AMAZING.
If I can find some pictures from someone else, I may add them


Me and Darius Brooks
If you don't know who Darius Brooks is, well let me google that for you.
Google doesn't even show all of this man's accolades.
3 Grammys, 7 Stellar Awards.. This man is the bomb.
And not just as a musician, but just as a PERSON.


I also want to share with you something extremely thought provoking that one of the ministers that spoke at the RPC Live broadcast had said.
The broadcast was a pre-"rally" to the rally that Jesse Jackson was about to host in the streets of Chicago for Trayvon Martin.

The minister said that everyone is waiting for something.
The Muslims are waiting for the messiah.
The Jews are waiting for the messiah.
The Christians are waiting for Jesus to come back.

He said :
"What would the Muslims do, if the messiah came knocking on the door of the Mosque, and she was a woman? How would they receive her?

What would the Jews do, if the messiah came knocking on the door of their synagogue, and he was a Palestinian?  How would they receive him if he didn't look anything like them?

And what would the Christians do, if Jesus came back and knocked on the door of the church, and He didn't look like what you THOUGHT He was going to look like?  But what if He looked like a 17-year-old boy, in a hoodie, with a pack of skittles and an iced tea??  What would we do?!"


We, as a people... like, not just black people, but PEOPLE, need to get out of the mindset of judging other people so quickly.
You'd be surprised.
You could definitely miss your blessing by writing people off before you get to know them.

John 1:11 ESV
He came to His own, and His own people did not receive Him.

Don't repeat history.

Get to know Jesus. Accept Him in your life.
You're life is too important to be on this journey without Him.
You won't regret it :-)


See you in the next post!
comment and stuff!


xoxo, Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :-D
I read each one and I do my best to respond to each of them personally :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...