Monday, October 21, 2019

And another one... in BLACK | McCall's 7922

Hello, Friends! Remember when I said I had at least ONE more iteration of McCall's 7922?? 

Well, here it is!


I love how all 3 of my versions look so different. The foundation of this pattern is great!


The fabric is part of the fabrics I got from a deceased seamstress. If you check the KHolmes Collection tag on the blog, you can see other things I made from the inherited fabric. It is a drapey woven that has a great quality feel to it.


For fit modification, I did my standard 1" swayback adjustment. For design details on this version, I added length and kept the center front slit. I will explain the other design detail...


After cutting and sewing up the dress, I realized that I hadn't added enough length to the pattern pieces. It was long enough to wear barefoot but way too short after putting on my heels. Unfortunately, I didn't have any more of the fabric left. So I took to Instagram with an S.O.S cry to see if anyone had any suggestions on how to lengthen a dress without any more fabric.


One of the suggestions was to add a sheer panel to the middle of the skirt! I thought it was the best idea from the bunch, so I went to JoAnn and pick up a yard of this black sheer solid.


I added a 6" panel of sheer to the middle of the skirt and it worked like a charm! When I put it on right after finishing it, I was feeling pretty unsure about it. But after getting dolled up with the hair and makeup, the look really came together!


I wore this dress to an event put on by my alma mater! It was such a beautiful and elegant night and I felt like I fit right into the ambiance. I got a lot of compliments on my dress and I'm very pleased to add it to my closet.


What do you think? What other suggestions would you have had to add length to the gown? Have you ever had that problem before? Sound off in the comments below!


Be back soon!

xoxo,
Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :-D
I read each one and I do my best to respond to each of them personally :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...