Monday, September 30, 2019

Stripe-Matching Perfection! | McCall's 7593

Hello, Friends! It's come to the end of National Sewing Month and I hope that you all were able to enjoy it the way you saw fit! I personally got a lot of projects out of the way and really started to find my personal style. And while all of that is great, the project I have to share today has nothing to do with that LOL


This is McCall's 7593, View A. I made this dress last year in September right before I packed up all of my stuff and moved. Then the weather changed and it was seasonally inappropriate. So it took a year for me to give photographic evidence lol


I believe I cut the 12 for this dress, but in an effort to make sure the bodice wasn't too small, I add an inch at the center front.... big mistake lol I ended up having to take in the bodice twice ( and one of those was after I had already sewn the lining and understitched smh).


The fabric was gifted to me from Auntie Carolyn and the label on it says she got it from Emma One Sock. It's a crepe knit, and the quality is top-notch. It feels amazing.


I'm REALLY really proud with the stripe-matching I was able to achieve on the skirt seams... It looks SEAMLESS. I have really been enjoying slowing down and taking the time to pay attention to the small details that might make only Me smile.



I think that's all I have to say about this dress. The pattern is a simple one and the fabric is able to shine. It did not take long to make and definitely would have gone faster if I wasn't spending extra time working to perfect the stripes at the side seams.


Let me know what you think in the comments!

I will be back soon with more to share :-)

Special thanks to my friends at CCP Photos for taking these pictures!

xoxo,
Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :-D
I read each one and I do my best to respond to each of them personally :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...