Sooo, I have lots of feelings lol
These are them:
I hate gathering
- Gathering is like the most annoying technique... and it's ugly. I don't like gathered skirts because I will look like an upside umbrella...I don't like it!
Pleats, i love.
- So pretty. So feminine. So versatile :-)
I don't like when sewing takes a long time
- It'll be like the simplest techniques but the garment has so many daggon pieces! Like, hurry up and be done already! Why am I still sewing you?!
I miss dancing
- I've pretty much dedicated all of my free time to sewing and I haven't danced in MONTHS. And It's making me sad.... well, i danced at Carnaval in Panama but i'm not counting that obviously lol
I'm going to give sew-alongs a break...
- I think trying to be in EVERYONE'S sew-a-long is wearing me down. I can't sew up 5 pieces in one night. 1) I'm slow lol .. 2) I don't have that much time in the week. I'm gonna chill on all the joint sewing ventures (except for probably the TMS) and sew things that I KNOW i'm going to wear, and things that I WANT to wear....Not things that other people have chosen and want to wear lol
I really don't like gathering
- Did I say that?? I think that I'd like a gathered side on a dress or something but I don't like doing it.... Does someone know of an uber-easy way to to do it because I'm not feeling it....
I wish I had a dedicated sewing space
- Right now my sewing space is the dining room. Everything is in there. And I know it's driving my mother crazy lol. And it's pretty inconvenient. I cut on the floor. Pin on the table. .. shoot, lay EVERYTHING on the table lol. It's just not... yea.
I can't stop buying patterns
- I want all of the ones I want. does that make sense? Like, what if I need to make something like that? What if I don't get it now and it goes OOP?? I just need it just in case. JUST IN CASE. I'm sure I have over 100 patterns and I have sewn 10 or less things using patterns. lol and two garments came from the same pattern loool. I just need them, okay!
People want me to sew for them and I'm not ready
- I don't like that people assume that just because I've sewn like 5 or 6 things that I can make their wardrobe. I can't even get through an entire garment without make a huge mistake on my OWN things. I would NEVER give anyone some of the things I make. [I] don't mind wearing them because noone will notice the mistakes.... OTHER people wearing them would DEF notice and that's not cutie. I would want anything I give to someone else be of a certain standard. I have sooooo much more to learn so I wish people would stop asking. I like sewing for other people when I WANT to. This is a HOBBY for me, not a job, and I want to enjoy it on MY terms.
I've somehow lost the ORIGINAL purpose of this blog.
- With all of the sew-a-longs and endless supply of patterns, I've completely abandoned the reason I started this blog in the first place. And that there is going to change. I am going to pledge to do at LEAST one reconstruction a month. I have bags and bags of clothes that I just let sit on the sideline but I'm bout to put them back in the game. lol
Tis all... I'm not going to proofread this or anything so I apologize for any mistakes :-)