Sunday, June 16, 2013

Two for the price of ... NONE

So let me tell you a little something about God:
If you ask, he'll give it to you.


A few months ago, (few = 7+ lol) when I first starting seeing the serious change in how my clothes were fitting, I already knew that I wasn't going to take the amount of things I had to the cleaners to get them taken in. I figured I could just do it myself.

I mean... why not? I already knew how to sew with basic needle and thread. But in all seriousness, who has time to just sit with NEEDLE and THREAD and hem more than one or two items of clothing??

*cue Sweet Brown*

I wanted a sewing machine. And a good one. After watching a zillion youtube DIY tutorials and reading plenty of inspo blogs, I want to take on the world.. one stitch at a time.

Anyway, I went looking online for what people would consider quality sewing machines and the two brands that kept reappearing were BROTHER and SINGER. Both looked amazing and had plenty of different models with the capabilities that I was looking for.  But of course when you look for quality, the quantity of the change you have to put up, GOES up.

So I let it go.  I had a little chat with the Lord and was just like,
"I really want a sewing machine"
and I left it there.

A month or two later, I'm just shooting the breeze with my mother and I'm like,
"I really want a sewing machine."
And she's all like,
"I have a sewing machine. You want it?"

*FLAG ON THE PLAY*


MA'AM.. you mean to tell me all these years we've been TALKING about sewing and not ACTUALLY sewing, you've HAD a sewing machine?!

*woosa*

So deep deep down in the basement closet, behind OLD Holiday decorations and behind boxes of fine china used many moons ago is a box with a completely unused SINGER 5528 sewing machine! Well, amen to that!


Perfectly content with my new discovery, I go on with life.

BUT WAIT. When God blesses, it's never ordinary. You should always expect EXTRAordinary.


A month later, I'm at the church and this wonderful woman comes to me and says
"I heard you were looking for a sewing machine.  I have one completely unused. Do you want it?"

Uhh.. YES
And wouldn't you know.  It's a computerized BROTHER brand sewing machine!

WON'T HE DO IT!

So I never had to choose. And I didn't have to spend a dime either.
I got two for the price of NONE.

I'll show you them:



SINGER 5528

It's an older machine but it's never been used.  It's also pretty heavy and sturdy and PERFECT for tougher and thicker fabrics.

It was not given to me in it's original box so I'm going to have do some good YouTubing research to learn how to use it to it's full capabilities.

It has 12 stitches that I can use by the turn of dial.


In the box was also a good amount of unused needles for all types of different fabrics and stitches!

 Left: Yellow Band Needle for medium weight knits ; Right: Premium twin needle
 for sewing two lines of stitching simultaneously

Four packs of Yellow Band needles for ALL knits

Red Band Needles:
Left: Heavyweight woven fabrics; Middle: Medium weight woven fabrics; Right: Lightweight woven fabrics.



BROTHER CE8080PRW

This machine is obviously a much newer model of sewing machine lol
It was given to me in it's original box so it contains the instructions manual. 

Features of this machine:
Super Bright LED light
LCD Screen with computerized stitch selection
Built-in free arm for sewing cuffs and sleeves
80 unique built-in sewing stitches
and some others...

The 80 different stitches available. Isn't this so cool?!


Also came with a foot motor

In the box she including a few extra supplies!
*muah* Thanks Mrs. Ida!

pin cushion; pins; stich witchery; measuring tape; shears; tweezers for fraying; adjustable ruler


There are a few things I'm going to have to get but I'm so happy that I don't have to start from scratch.

I'm so excited to have so many options! That also means I have lots to learn, so I'm on that faster than ... faster thannnn..... a cheetah on crack!
lmao you know I googled that right? 
I know this was a long post lol I don't plan for them all to be this long. I also apologize for the wait.  Consistency is what I'm striving for.... don't believe me just watch :-)



See you in the next post!
comment and stuff! *hair flip*



xoxo, Tasha.

5 comments:

  1. LOOK AT GOD! These are awesome blessings. So happy for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooo jealous!!!!!!!!!! But I am excited for you!! Sewing Tasha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should let a sister borrow one DAGGGGGG lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL come on over girl! you can use one :-)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :-D
I read each one and I do my best to respond to each of them personally :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...